Accreditations & Achievements
The VA New York Harbor Healthcare System has received a number of accreditations and awards. Some of our recent notable accomplishments include -
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission in 2012
- Accreditation from College of American Pathologists
- Accreditation from the Commission on Cancer
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology - FDA Accreditation for Mammography
- Accreditation from the American College of Radiology for Radiation Oncology
- The VA NY Harbor Healthcare System has two AAALAC-accredited Animal Research Facilities and an accredited Human Research Protection Program. The Office of Research Oversight conducted its biennial review of the New York Campus in October 2012.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Accreditations:
- Inpatient Rehab Unit at the Manhattan Campus
- Low Vision Clinic at the Brooklyn Campus
- Mental Health Residential Treatment Programs, Psychosocial Treatment Program, Homeless Programs including CWT
- Patient Safety Program received the Silver Cornerstone Award for 2012.
- VA NY Harbor Healthcare System is one of six facilities to be selected for a new initiative in bringing on board a Chief Resident in Quality and Safety.
- Awarded the 2010 Circle of Life Award for our Palliative Care Program.
Hospitals & Health Networks Most Wired Award
Harnessing the potential of wireless is the objective of the hospitals named to Hospitals & Health Networks’ Most Wireless list. VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, a partner of the VA NY/NJ Veterans Healthcare Network, is one of the organizations which have embraced wireless applications to improve efficiency, quality of care and employee and patient satisfaction. We look to expand our use of wireless applications to further enhance clinical and operational activities.