VA NY Harbor Health Care System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
In order to further improve access to care for Veterans, VA New York Harbor Healthcare System has begun offering extended hours in its Primary Care, Women's Health and Mental Health clinics.New York Campus
- General Primary Care/PACT - Weekdays 4:30pm-6:30pm every Monday and Thursday. Every Saturday 9am-12pm.
- Women's Health PACT - Weekdays 4:30pm-6:30pm. Two Mondays every 4 weeks. One Saturday every 4 weeks from 9am-12pm.
- Mental Health - Thursdays from 4:30pm-7pm. Saturdays from 8am-1pm.
For an appointment, call Centralized Scheduling at 1-877-877-9267.Brooklyn Campus
- General Primary Care/PACT - Wednesdays from 4:30pm-6:30pm. Most Saturdays per month from 8am-3:30pm.
- Women's Health PACT - Second Wednesday of each month from 4:30pm-6:30pm.
- Mental Health - Wednesdays from 3pm-6:30pm. Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
Veterans may call Centralized Scheduling at 1-877-877-9267 to schedule an appointment during extended hours.
At the VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, we have established a centralized scheduling number to assist you in getting an appointment without a long delay. Our goals are simple —
- you should be able to see your primary care provider within 1 to 2 business days
- you should have faster access to specialty care
If you have received a postcard stating that you need to make an appointment, please call our centralized scheduling number at 1-877-877-9267.
Changing Your Appointment
For a listing of your current appointments, please call our centralized scheduling number at 1-877-877-9267
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time. Call 1-877-877-9267 to reschedule.
Who to Call
To make an appointment with a particular clinic or service, call 1-877-877-9267.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.