VA NY Harbor Health Care System
Emergency Prescription Refill Program
VA has established an Emergency Prescription Refill Program to assist enrolled Veterans (Patients at the Manhattan VA) who are out or almost out of medications. Veterans can receive a 10-day supply of VA prescribed medication by:
- Going to a (national pharmacy chain within the CVS-Caremark network)
- Bring your VA prescription, medication bottle/supply item (with VA RX label on it) showing available refills, and the last refill date within the last 90 days
- Bring your VA ID Card and another form of identification like a driver's license
- Ask the pharmacist to call Heritage Health Solutions Customer Care Center at toll free 1-866-265-0124, where a Customer Care Representative will qualify the request by asking a few questions
- No controlled drugs will be processed under this program. If a controlled drug is needed, you must contact your local VA facility Emergency Department.
- For questions about this Emergency Prescription Program or help with another medication related question please call the VA Pharmacy Call Center at 1-888-207-2004 or the number on your prescription bottle or label.